Family medicine covers all of your health needs. At Lady Lake Family Medicine, Dr. Burress, Glenn McKeon PA-C and Karen Callahan APRN provide family medicine services with the goal of building a lifelong relationship helping you protect and improve your overall health and well-being.
Lady Lake Family Medicine stands out as a leading medical practice in The Villages and surrounding community because Dr. Burress and his team take time to listen to your needs and provide highly customized care to enhance your wellness.
Your physical exam is your chance to check in on your health and talk to your doctor about how to improve and protect your health. Your annual exam is the cornerstone of preventive health care and family practice.
During your annual physical, Dr. Burress, Glenn McKeon PA-C and Karen Callahan APRN provide a range of health screenings and lab tests to check for early warning signs of health problems. Many conditions such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and diabetes don’t cause noticeable symptoms in their early stages. These tests allow Dr. Burress and his team to provide treatments to restore your health before your well-being is affected.
If you’re looking for a family practice where your health and well-being come first, call Lady Lake Family Medicine or schedule an appointment online today.
A physical exam is a tool Dr. Buress and his team use to assess your health. Dr. Burress takes a very individualized approach to care and tailors your exam based on the need for your physical and your special health needs.
In general, your physical exam may include:
- Check of your height and weight
- Measurement of your blood pressure, heart rate, and temperature
- Look at your eyes, ears, nose, and throat
- Test of your reflexes and arterial pulses
- Palpation of your inner organs Dr. Burress and his team may also request additional testing to further assess your health, such as bloodwork, urine test, or echocardiogram.
Diagnostic testing refers to a variety of tests and procedures that provide objective data about your general health or a specific body system. When you come in for care at Lady Lake Family Medicine, you want answers to your health questions and concerns, and getting tests completed right away can relieve anxiety and worry.
Dr. Burress, Glenn McKeon PA-C or Karen Callahan APRN will determine if you would benefit from a diagnostic test after a thorough examination, review of your symptoms, and discussion of your medical history and health concerns. No matter the reason for your visit, Dr. Burress and his team want to find the root cause of your health issue so you get the most effective treatment without any delay.
Lady Lake Family Medicine is a full-service medical clinic that offers many diagnostic tests on-site. Some of the most common include:
- Thyroid scan
- General Ultrasounds
- Vascular study in partnership with Physicians Vein Care
- Aorta scan
- Urine screening
- DNA testing
- Cancer screening referral
- Arterial Ultrasound
- Carotid ultrasound
- Laboratory testing services The cutting-edge, full-service clinic also offers
- Micronutrient testing by SpectraCell Laboratories which is a specialized test that looks at micronutrient deficiencies which can create the potential for long-term chronic disease and illness.
- Pharmacogenetic (PGT) testing by National Premier Laboratory which is a specialized test that looks at your genetic code to assess your risk of an adverse reaction to a specific medication.
The Proof is in Our Patients
Meet Your Award Winning Team
|Monday||8:00 AM – 4:30 PM|
|Tuesday||8:00 AM – 4:30 PM|
|Wednesday||8:00 AM – 4:30 PM|
|Thursday||8:00 AM – 4:30 PM|
|Friday||8:00 AM – 4:30 PM|
Closed for Lunch from 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM